Friday 14 March 2014

Caesar (Believe it or not it's Canadian)

This is a drink I usually order before my meal whenever I go out for supper.
I went to Orlando Florida a few years back and every restaurant I went to had no clue what a Caesar was. I was surprised to find out that it was a Canadian cocktail. Even the bartender at the resort we stayed at had never heard of it. So, I went to a grocery store and bought the ingredients for it to show the bartender how to make it.

Ingredients
celery salt for rimming glass
1 ounce vodka
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon GF Worcestershire sauce
4 drops Tabasco sauce, or more to taste
6 ounces Mott’s Clamato juice
1 stalk celery or veggie of choice, I like pickled green beans (for garnish)
1 lemon wedge (for garnish)

Directions
Pour some celery salt in a shallow plate, enough to rim the glass with.
Run the lemon wedge over the rim of the glass and dip the rim in the celery salt.
Fill glass 3/4 of the way with ice and all ingredients in order listed.
Fill glass with ice.
Place celery stalk or veggie garnish in glass.
Garnish with lemon wedge.
Enjoy in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)