Saturday 16 August 2014

My Favourite Coleslaw

During the summer months we host and attend many potlucks and I am often asked to bring this coleslaw. It is super easy to put together and tastes divine! I always come home with an empty bowl. I use Hellman's mayonnaise which is Best Foods mayonnaise for my American friends ;)

INGREDIENTS
1 (14oz) package coleslaw mix
3 tablespoons freshly minced onion (not the dried stuff)
3/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman's)
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon agave nectar (can use honey)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
salt to taste
pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Crush the fennel seed with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, celery seed and the crushed fennel.
Add the coleslaw mix and onion and stir to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to allow the flavours to meld.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)