Wednesday 3 September 2014

Bean and Berry Protein Shake

My daughter is always buying expensive protein shake mixes and I thought I would try and come up with a cheaper and more natural alternative. Beans are such a great source of protein and inexpensive so I used them as a base. I played around with different ideas and came up with this. This makes a smoothie like consistency drink. You can dilute this with any type of milk if you prefer it thinner. It is quite tasty and I make it quite often now.


INGREDIENTS
1 (19 ounces) can white kidney beans, undrained
1 (19 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup frozen berries of choice
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup milk, optional for a thinner consistency

DIRECTIONS
Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until creamy.
Refrigerate until ready to drink.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)